Friday, December 7, 2012

A STORMY TRIP TO CAGAYAN VALLEY



Despite the typhoon hitting the Cagayan valley I pushed through with my plans of travelling the north. I was in the middle of traffic jam along EDSA boarding a bus going to Victory Liner terminal in Kamuning QC when my officemate texted me what she heard in the news. I replied to her to pray for my safety and my bahala na si Batman attitude rules.


It was raining when I left Manila that evening. After 8 hours of traveling I safely reached Santiago City in Isabela. I eat in one of the fast-food there to fill my stomach for the rest of the day adventure. I strolls the city even if it’s raining. I don’t want to waste a single minute of my time.

Places I visited:
  •         Balay Santiago
  •         Magat Dam
  •         Callao Cave
  •         Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral
  •         Lady of Piat Church
  •         Buntun Bridge
  •         Cagayan River


Food I eat:
  •         Pancit patil-patung
  •         Pawa
  •         Chicharabao


I stayed at Hotel Candice.

My original plan is to navigate the northern Luzon loop, from Isabela to Cagayan down to Ilocos Norte and back to Manila. But due to the typhoon some of the bridges that connecting Cagayan valley and Ilocos region were damaged so I have no choice but to go back to Manila boarding a bus from Tuguegarao.
Spending two days in Cagayan Valley is a memorable trip that I will try again soon. Hopefully the weather would cooperate with me the next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment